Home Market Record number of people face ban after light bus crash

Record number of people face ban after light bus crash

0
15

The Belfast Telegraph could reveal that a record 14 people were on board the Wright bus crash in 2019, including the three children of the late Sir William Wright.

T.The Belfast Telegraph reported earlier this month that the company’s former owner, Sir William’s son Geoff Wright, was facing disqualification from the board of directors for being the shadow manager of Ballymena. Revealed. Work.

An additional 13 business-related people could be barred from acting as company directors due to alleged misconduct, a civil suit was filed by the DfE’s bankruptcy office. rice field.

Five Wrightbus companies have gone bankrupt: Wrightbus, Wright En-Drive, Wright Composites, Wrights Group and Metallix.

The bus maker, best known for building Transport for London’s red Routemaster buses, was just £60m when he was appointed manager of business consulting firm Deloitte in September 2019 following trade disputes. was owed to the creditor.

expansion

near

Boris Johnson at the Light Bus Factory

The core light bus business was sold to Bamford Bus Company in 2019 and has since recovered strongly.

The management process continues, but it is still traded as a light bus.

The names of the disqualifying directors were provided to the Belfast Telegraph by Court Services.

These include: Jeff Wright’s sister Amanda Knowles (67). Stephen Francie (54); Jeff Wright’s sister Lorraine Locke (64). John Mark Noder (66); Mark Johnston (63); Brian Maybin (57); Robert Burr (64); Robert Douglas (68); Sam McLaren (68); Kirsty McBride (37); John McCleister; Lauren Christie (37) and Jeff Wright (59).

The Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare has confirmed that this is the highest number of former directors ever prosecuted in cases of disqualification of directors.

A spokesperson said:

“It was a job for the NI Events Company.”

Actions that may lead to a board ban include continuing to trade at the expense of creditors while the company is bankrupt. incorrect accounting; failing to create and present an account or return an account to the company register; Failing to file tax returns or pay taxes or other royalties; Do not cooperate with buyer/bankruptcy professionals.

Wright said of the actions earlier this month:

“I have worked with directors and departments in the management of the Leitz group of companies.

“I would love to have the opportunity to speak from my side, but in light of the ruling, I am unable to comment further at this stage.”

The case was placed before an administrative hearing in the Crown Court Bankruptcy Court on December 8.

14 A person may be prohibited from being a corporate manager or participating in the establishment or management of a workplace for a period of 2 to 15 years.

The burden of proving wrongdoing rests with the department.

Principals have the opportunity to explain their actions to the court.

The Supreme Court will decide whether this action will disqualify him from supervision, and if so, for how long.

The manager can pledge to the court that he will not act as manager, thereby stopping the proceedings.

The disqualification is not intended to punish directors, but rather to protect the public from the risk of future mismanagement of the company.

Proceedings may be terminated if they are deemed not in the public interest.

Wrightbus had been in business for over 70 years when it dissolved.

Executive Deloitte’s 2019 report found that the group’s losses increased, with losses of £19.5m in the first eight months of the year, compared with losses of £13.5m in 2018. Sales also fell from £212.6 million in 2017 to £103.8 million in 2019.

An executive at the time said: “This is largely due to the downturn in the UK bus market and the Group’s inability to replace its primary bus fleet. [buses for London] His contract expires in 2018.

In 2018, ten members of the Northern Ireland Events Company board of directors pledged not to serve on the company’s board for up to nine years.

In a statement, some said they “reluctantly” agreed with the results.

At the time, the economy ministry said the councilor’s “mistake” was “incontrovertible”.

Two more directors were dismissed a year ago.

The Northern Ireland Events Company was established in the late 1990s to promote events and concerts, but ceased operations in 2007. His most famous event was the 1998 Elton His John concert in Stormont.


Related topics

  • Jeff Wright
  • Department of Economics

Margaret Conning
Source: Belfast Telegraph

NO COMMENTS

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here