It is used more and more often Hike to Spain, A trend that has been primarily motivated by the pandemic of the last two years. According to one SurveyThe percentage of people who went hiking in 2020 reached 10.2%, almost one point more than in 2019.
For many of them, this is an easy way to exercise and spend more time in nature without a lot of equipment. But like any outdoor activity, there are a few The keys must be remembered Before you start to make the experience comfortable and safe.
Why did you start the hike?
There are several compelling reasons to start the hike. First of all, it is an excellent form of physical exercise because it involves Cardiovascular activity and helps strengthen the legs. In addition, every mile that our legs go through will help us lose weight and gain muscle.
For many, hiking is an adventurous adventure to explore the outside world, discover natural heritage, and motivate an active lifestyle. And also a way to feel more relaxed, energetic and in a better mood.
Hiking is not a competitive activity: on the contrary, it is A quiet way to exercise Calm down, in company, share moments and experiences and get out of the routine.
A little guide to get started on the hike
1. Start small
Before we begin, it is important to know our limitations and to know what we can and cannot do. So if we are just starting out, it’s better to leave the peak that fascinates us so much later.
The best way to do this is to choose marked paths that are neither too long nor too demanding, on routes that are rated as Simple or moderate. The main thing is to maintain a comfortable rhythm to follow it throughout the route.
While we may be tempted to walk faster, at the end of the day, after a few miles behind us, our bodies will thank us. Strength in hiking is better than speed because we never know in what situation we will have to use energy (if we get lost, for example).
There are interesting hiking apps where we can find useful information about different routes. It is best to choose routes that can be done in one day.
2. Wear appropriate shoes and socks
We do not need a lot of equipment to start walking. Is one of the priorities Equip your legs well. If you start with a simple relief, sneakers or sneakers will suffice. Trail jogging Has good traction. This link will help you choose the best one.
Moving forward we will be able to consider purchasing more durable mountain boots, with greater support for the ankles but also heavier ones.
Hiking socks are a small investment, but can be very comfortable.
3. Wear in layers
its about ClothingIt will depend on the weather and the season. Preference should be given to synthetic fabrics that, unlike cotton, absorb moisture and adapt better to temperature and climate. It is also very important to dress in layers: a light base, a fleece lining that heats up, and a lightweight waterproof jacket.
This way we can add or remove clothes as needed. We can take an extra warm layer, preferably something that protects us from the wind. It is possible to choose durable hiking pants or shorts or tights. They should be strong and elastic enough to provide movement and cozy to avoid dirt.
4. Choose a lightweight backpack
The Backpack It is also an essential part. Initially, it will be enough to have the little we already have and, in terms of progress, we can get what fits our body. In it we can get water, sunscreen, insect repellent and foods like nuts and energy bars or a sandwich.
5. Check the weather
Always, before departure we check the dress time and get everything we need. Choosing a good day for a walk is one of the best ways to guarantee the best experience. Unfavorable weather is the cause of most hiking accidents and makes hiking a living hell.
We must keep in mind that in autumn and winter, when the sun sets earlier, it is important to plan the route well so that the darkness does not surprise us. It is advisable to read the local weather forecasts as they are more accurate.
Other elements that will facilitate the route
Clothing, backpack and time controllable, there are other additional elements that can simplify the route:
- Hiking polesGreat support for beginner hikes, especially on slopes and downhills.
- Carry the cell phone battery charged: We never know when we will have to use it and for what, so it is better to prepare for unforeseen situations.
- Avoid going alone: Better accompanied than alone. But if so, we need to let someone know where we are going and when we will be back.
- Respect nature: Forests and mountains should remain as we found them, clean and free of rubbish, including organic.
- Do not leave specified paths If we have no experience we were led to the mountain.
- ᲞRevital aid kit: We can get a small first aid kit with a few essentials such as gauze, adhesive tape, plaster, disposable antiseptics, sutures, anti-inflammatory gel, oral analgesics, antihistamines, sugar, tweezers and scissors.
- Navigation systems: A compass, map, or GPS device can help reduce the risk of loss.
- Get started soon: The sooner, the better, we will avoid crowds and have time even in the event of unforeseen events.
Source: El Diario