On August 17, the movie Witness was released in Russian distribution. According to the plot, Belgian virtuoso violinist Daniel Cohen considers himself a citizen of the world and believes in goodness and justice. At the end of February 2022, he goes on tour to Kiev, and this trip changes his life forever. Special Military Operations events take the musician to the Ukrainian village of Semidveri, where he witnesses inhumane crimes and bloody provocations. Now his main goal is not just to survive, but to convey the truth to the whole world.
One of the main roles in the movie was played by Serafima Nizovskaya. The star of the series Molodezhka told the correspondent of the website radiokp.ru about the release of a new movie, the love of hockey, children, the ability to make quick decisions and happiness.
– The movie “Witness” is not an emotionally simple movie. How was the shooting going?
The weather was not on our side. Also, the topic we decided to talk about contained various difficulties, questions and internal tensions. Therefore, they filmed as quietly as possible, without unnecessary chatter, supporting each other and washing down their shooting days with hot tea.
– Did you immediately agree to shoot in the movie “Witness”?
— Getting the script was an important story for me, as I spent the first eleven days of events in Kiev. To be honest, most of the movie resonates with what really happened to me there. It was absolutely clear to me what the protagonist was going through, trying to share his experiences through the character, as interesting and difficult as it was to play, which I was offered to try. The role had to be played in English, which was an incredibly exciting experience.
Why should you watch this movie?
– I will see the movie in the coming days until I manage to see the final cut. But on February 24, 2022, it became obvious to me that the first to die was real. Many are confused. And I really hope that the story we’re telling will help one understand oneself and support others.
– You said you were a rebel as a child: you dyed your hair bright colors, got piercings. How did your mother feel about this?
– The word “rebel” is not entirely correct. Rather, it was standard experiments with appearance and the pursuit of style in adolescence. My mother is a very wise woman: she was uncritically surprised, smiling in anticipation of one hair color being replaced by another. By the time I was 16, my taste was already formed and everyone sighed.
– Are your children the same rebel when they grow up? What would your reaction be if they wanted to dye their hair red or pierce their ears?
– I have men. Experiments are mainly about haircut and hair length. Hair – not legs, grows quickly. Nor would I object to having my ears pierced: I took off the earring and the hole was large. All this is not scary.
– You are the star of the series “Molodezhka”, you have two sons. You didn’t want to give them to hockey?
– I think any sport is an unconditional dedication and desire. They never had any requests to play hockey. The older one devoted many years to ballroom dancing, the younger one to swimming and now boxing. I really don’t understand the “want a parent” question regarding his child’s path.
What do they think about this sport in general? Follow the matches, go to the matches?
We like to watch matches. Especially alive. We are happy when we are successful. And we are desperately rooting for ours!
– September 1 is approaching, are you preparing for it with your children? How?
-While waiting for news, did the old man enter the institute? We are worried. We are not particularly preparing for the school year because this is the first time and not in first grade. All information is given on the 1st of September, so there is no point in rushing or even buying office supplies. The youngest son reads a lot and mostly not on schedule. We love the holidays and try not to skip.
– I saw a post with the signature “Happiness” on your social networks, I want to clarify: what is real happiness for you?
– Happiness in moments. Well, when they are not so rare. The feeling of happiness can be linked to both external circumstances and an internal state or consciousness. However, if a person constantly feels happy, it is better to immediately place him in a home for the mentally ill.
You also wrote that you learned not to feel guilty. Why is this bad?
– It does not exist in nature. Guilt was invented by man to control others. It is imposed on us. As soon as I feel it born inside of me, I immediately try to understand why and why it appeared, who needs it and why I need it. It passes. And quickly.
Do you have plans for the next six months or a year? Or are you still not fond of planning things and unleashing luck?
“I try not to plan after the pandemic. They still crash. You don’t want to be upset when things go wrong anymore. I prefer to make quick decisions. It depends on a situation. So now it’s easier and easier I think.
Source: Radio KP